When searching for a senior independent living community, one of the most important considerations is whether or not you can picture yourself there. Not only whether or not you can picture yourself in the physical spaces or engaging with like-minded residents, but also whether or not you can envision the activities and outings that will fill your days and the freedom to craft them as you wish. At Edgemere, we provide our exuberant residents with a wealth of opportunities to engage with the community and pursue their passions while continuing to live life on their own terms.
Creating Your Home in Dallas, Texas
Just north of West Northwest Highway in Dallas, Edgemere is tucked into an idyllic residential neighborhood. Downtown Dallas and the Arts District — including the Meyerson Symphony Center, the Winspear Opera House and the Dallas Museum of Art — are a mere 15 minutes away.
For those who love to golf, our central location puts us in close proximity to a number of private and public golf courses, while nearby NorthPark Center Mall offers premium shopping and dining. Take a peaceful stroll through one of the many neighborhood parks or take a walk through the campus of Southern Methodist University.
The Edgemere Difference
One look at our elegant, tuscan-inspired architecture and impeccably maintained grounds, and you’ll understand that we are passionate about the details here. Edgemere residents deserve the highest quality of services and amenities, and it is our delight to deliver. As a not-for-profit Lifespace senior living community, our revenue is invested back into our community and the people who matter most — our residents and team members.
As the first Life Care community in Dallas, we continue to offer the highest levels of care to our residents in all levels of living. Our continuum of care means that independent living residents have guaranteed priority lifetime access to on-site rehabilitation therapy, assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing.
Whether you’re in the mood for a formal sit-down dinner or a more casual experience, the option is up to you at Edgemere. Our chef-prepared menus are locally sourced and created with health and wellness in mind and, of course, taste and presentation. In fact, celebrity Chef Tre Wilcox, a James Beard Award nominee, has an advisory role with our culinary team.
- Take in a quick, casual bite in the Portabella Bistro, or savor a leisurely dining experience in our formal restaurant, Medici.
- For happy hours, night caps or simply gathering with friends, pull up a seat in the BellaVita Bar.
- Enjoy delicious food and top-tier service in our private dining rooms and wine grotto — perfect for special get-togethers, celebrations or large family gatherings.
Our residents are active not only in the Edgemere community, but the greater Dallas community, too. From on-site classes and lectures to downtown excursions and volunteer outings, there’s always something going on at Edgemere.
- Join one of the daily group fitness classes or create your own workout in our fully modern fitness center or indoor heated pool.
- Work on your short game at our community putting green or head to a nearby golf course for a round with friends.
- Rekindle an old hobby or pick up a new skill like painting in one of our regularly scheduled community classes, or hone your green thumb in our greenhouse and herb garden.
- Volunteer for one of your favorite local organizations or volunteer within our community in the library, on a committee, or by teaching a course or leading a discussion group.
Life at Edgemere is luxury senior living at its finest. In addition to the peace of mind residents derive from the quality care available in our five-star health services center, our residents also enjoy:
- Personalized concierge service to help coordinate needs
- Pampering in our high-end, full-service salon, spa and barbershop
- Community-wide or private viewings in our movie theater
- Our lush and beautifully landscaped courtyards, gardens and fountains
- Weekly housekeeping and flat linen service that helps keep homes tidy while giving residents more freedom to pursue their passions
Come Join us at Edgemere
If you’re looking for an active community of like-minded seniors that also delivers the high-end hospitality you expect and deserve, we invite you to come visit Edgemere. Join us for an event, stay for a meal, and get to know the wonderful people who call Edgemere home. Schedule your visit today!